Job Profile Our Aircraft and Lease Accounting (SPVs) team is looking for a talented leader in Malta to drive forward and take ownership of the SPV team within the VistaJet Group.
||Vista Jet Group
||5 years relevant work experience
|APPLY FOR JOB
Founded in 2004, VistaJet pioneered an innovative business model where customers pay only for the hours that they fly. Our vision is to make business aviation simple and deliver the ultimate flight experience around the globe.
The SPV team based in Malta is responsible for the Aircraft accounting and related financing, along with preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial accounts and IFRS financial statements for all SPV entities within the VistaJet Group.
Your Responsibilities :-
• Ownership of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting process relating to Vista Jet Aircraft’s Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”);
• Managing a team of qualified and part-qualified Accountants with pro-active involvement in understanding, developing and recruiting the necessary resources to meet the business needs;
• Working within the Group-wide process for system improvement and change implementation to maximize workflow efficiency by focusing on process improvement and driving system change;
• Responsibility for summarizing all movements in VistaJet Group’s Aircraft asset categories (currently Owned Aircraft, Leased Aircraft, Assets under construction) and Aircraft Financing debt (including LT and ST analysis) on a minimum quarterly basis;
• Ensuring that full Aircraft movements reported in the financial statements between periods are properly summarized including an analysis of movements between cash and non-cash for use in the preparation of the cash flow statement;
• Responsibility for periodic analysis of finance costs and FX income/expense relating to aircraft and leases;
• Responsible for liaising with Group auditors at a consolidated level and standalone level for the preparation and timely filing of the standalone annual financial statements for the SPVs;
• Responsibility for liaising with the Group Tax Dept. providing timely and relevant information for the quarterly calculation of tax charges relating to the SPVs Aircraft and leases;
• Reviewer/approver of Aircraft lease invoices, responsible for reviewing all Aircraft lease invoices against known terms and approving them for posting/payment;
• Leading technical accounting enquiries pertaining to Aircraft and related Aircraft debt to formulate the Group’s accounting policies and treatments and sharing with the accounting teams; including areas such as Aircraft component accounting and depreciation, Aircraft impairment assessments, accounting for Aircraft financing and refinancing, accounting for Aircraft options and Progress payments on open orders;
• Provision of guidance and support to the accountants of Vista Lease (Group company) in relation to accounting for transactions involving aircraft orders;
• Responsibility for summarizing all movements in Vista Lease Aircraft assets on a quarterly basis, ensuring full movements are reported in the financial statements are properly summarized, including an analysis of cash and non-cash movements for use in the preparation of the cash flow statement;
• Provide guidance to the US accounting team to ensure consistency of practices across the group;
• Understand the overall finance team objectives and assisting team members as necessary in the wider interest of the team and its overall goals.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:-
• A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience post qualification, preferably within an international organization;
• Experience of leading highly performing Teams;
• Excellent analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to work well independently and within a team in a highly transactional company;
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with the team and internal departments;
• Positive can-do attitude;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel;
• Knowledge of SAP and/or experience in the Aviation sector will be considered an asset.