Oversees operations and staffing for the deli department within a grocery store. Manages deli product and merchandise.
Deli Counter Assistants assist shoppers at the deli counter by recommending foods, providing samples of meats and cheeses, cutting, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses, and responding to customer inquiries and requests. They also maintain clean work areas, update displays, and inform customers about special offers, promotions, and new products.
Full-time on a contract basis with shift. Performance bonus applicable.
|JOB TYPE||FULL TIME|
|SALARY||12000-15000 EUR PER MONTHS|
|APPLY FOR JOB||CLICK HERE|
• Control state and storage of perishable products. Remove unsalable goods from the shelves.
• Organize the stock and display articles
• Maintain shop, worktable and equipment
• List data for traceability of goods (delivery dates, temperature measurements, serial numbers…)
• Check cash register at the beginning of the working day. Count contents of cash register at closing time
• Welcome customer. Determine his/her wishes and advise on products and services
• Pack products according to characteristic, order and manner of transport
• Deliver orders
• Receive payments
• Receive goods. Keep tally
• Manage stock; record shortages; place orders
• Cut fresh products (meat, cheese…) and put on display; present dishes
• Manage and follow-up online purchases and orders
• Sell food: cheese and dairy products
• Take stock
• Pack fresh products (whole, sliced…) for self-service department or orders (small cakes, buffet…)
• Inform customers about products. Sell products
• Select cheeses with producers and establish buying terms/specs (quantity, cost…)