As a Shop Supervisor the employee assists the Territory Manager in a variety of tasks to ensure smooth running of the shop. A Shop Supervisor should lead by example at all times in order to maintain high standard of operation at all times.
|COMPANY NAME||The Convenience Shop|
|JOB TYPE||FULL TIME|
|SALARY||Depending On Your Interview|
|APPLY FOR JOB||CLICK HERE|
The Shop Supervisor duties include the following;
- Greeting customers as soon as they enter the shop.
- Providing excellent customer care to our customers
- Assisting customers in any queries they might have
- Making sure that all cashiers and stackers are greeting customers, providing excellent customer care and assisting customers in any queries they have.
- Handle and follow up professionally any customer complaints that may occur
- Taking part in the process of category management implementation
- Making sure that orders of stock to be delisted are stopped as soon the team is informed that an item is to be delisted.
- Ordering of new items that are to be added to stock lists according to the Category Management list in preparation for the category management process.
- Making sure that shop is stocked according to planograms and making sure to inform respective parties whenever a change needs to be done.
Product Display and Stores:
- All shelves must be stocked according to category management.
- Following of FIFO system.
- Checking deliveries against invoices whilst making sure that all items received are according to the actual order placed.
- Matching the total amount on the PDA against the total amount on the invoice
- Continuous updating of prices in order to make sure that each product is labelled with the correct price. Daily action on the price changing report received.
- Monitor stocks and take active part in the stock taking process.
- Assist the Territory Manager in carrying out weekly counts of the dailies (bread & milk) as well as stock counts by category on a weekly basis so that a full count will be performed quarterly.
- Maintaining of stores in a clean and tidy manner
- Make sure to maintain the correct stock levels in order to have products available at all times whilst maintaining very low stock returns.
- Scanning of returns by PDA and following up that return are collected within the fortnight
- Compiling of periodic reports such as wastages, electricity reading and return sheets where applicable
- Filing of weekly invoices, end of Sales, statements, credit notes etc in the designated archiving box
- Preparing reports that might be requested from time to time
- Coaching and training employees to be proficient in all areas
- Making sure that the team is working in an efficient and effective manner
- Motivate, help & encourage the outlet team to better their performance
- Motivate team to increase number of receipts and average spent
- Update the Territory Manager with any requests or queries that the team might have
Procedures and Policies:
- Following and making sure that all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times in all areas
- Updating of all documentation including temperature sheets, cleaning schedules and hand washing log sheet
- Following and guiding the team on company standards and procedures
- Adhering to whilst making sure everyone is following the grooming policy etc.
- Cash Reconciliation
- Daily tallying of cashiers’ totals collected against sales
- Prepare bank deposit twice a week
- Being proficient in the Cashier and Stacker duties in order to be able to coach and replace whenever required
- Assist the Territory Manager in compiling the weekly roster
- The cash desks and walkways are to be kept clear at all times
- Other duties that might be requested from time to time