Technology is at the core of the knowledge-based organization. It enables MFSA’s strategic and operational objectives to be achieved efficiently and effectively. The Technology team is made up of professionals specialized in relevant areas that include governance and planning, information systems, information security, technology operations, and service management. Officials from Technology also participate and give their contribution to several European committees, expert groups, and industry fora.
|COMPANY NAME||The Malta Financial Services Authority|
|JOB TYPE||FULL TIME|
|SALARY||Depending On INTERVIEW|
|APPLY FOR JOB||CLICK HERE|
This vacancy is being been based on a definite contract and the selected candidate’s primary duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develop user experience prototypes and subsequently design mockups and the ability to write HTML and CSS code from them;
- Integrate clients with backend servers using RESTful communication;
- Develop, program, test, and maintain web applications including, but not limited to website, landing pages, and components using the latest technologies and tools including HTML5, CSS3, and UI-related technologies.
We are looking for a hands-on and experienced UI/UX Designer and Frontend Developer to join our team to develop concepts and implement them in the form of Frontend pages. In this role, one is expected to use creativity to bring powerful user interfaces to life while also improving conversions with our User-Centric experience. You will create, maintain and raise our design standards, both aesthetically and in terms of consistency. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), or a widely recognized professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years of working experience in UI/UX and Frontend Development. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
- Interaction Design skills defining how an experience should behave;
- Experience using prototyping skills;
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop UI, colour, and layout;
- Experience showcasing end-to-end design processes across multiple projects that include interaction and visual design;
- Fluent in Adobe products especially with Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Proactive and resourceful with a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision;
- Be obsessive about consistency and detail.
The ideal candidate should:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Design, Graphics or equivalent;
- Adobe Certified Professional certifications;
- Knowledge of working with Responsive Web Design.